[AMPS] Need Amplifier Manuals

Jon Ogden jono@enteract.com
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 22:37:00 -0600

>>A1015G      - 6 Meter amp   10 W in 150 W Out
>>B3016       - 2 Meter amp   30 W in 160 W Out
>>

>Maybe 5-10W max over ratings for FM service. However all of those style
>bricks are horrible on SSB and lose linearity at about a third of rated
>output. The problem is the diode bias that is used goes into Class C. The
>cure is a simple active bias circuit that holds the required 0.6V bias at
>all drive levels.

Thanks, Carl, for confirming something I have heard before.  You aren't
the first person to tell me this.

>I have the A1015 and B1016 ( the 3016 with a driver stage) schematics
>plus full details on the bias ckt for a large SASE and 2 oz postage.
>
>Unmodified bricks ( except Teletec) on SSB often lead to lynchings!

Yes, I understand that the Teletec amps are really the only truly linear
bricks.  They have a nice price too!

I'll send the stuff to you pretty quickly so I can get your info and fix
the amps and have them work the way they should.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden