[AMPS] coil form plastics

Richard W. Ehrhorn w4eto@rmii.com
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 11:11:36 -0700

Ian..

Catalogs from U.S. sources such as Dayton Plastics, Regal Plastics and
Cadillac Plastics (and probably scores more by now) listed "glass-filled
Teflon." I've never tried it.

In a similar vein, the very common transformer insulation Nomex* (DuPont,
nylon-based I believe) also is available mica-filled, which has better
characteristics for some applications - (high temperature?) - but don't
remember whether the difference is physical stability or dielectric
strength/corona resistance or both.

73,   Dick