[AMPS] L-Net calculations: Am I doing something wrong?

Jon Ogden jono@enteract.com
Thu, 18 Feb 99 09:20:26 -0600

>More to the point, exactly what is the 10M input network, as I asked 2
>weeks ago ?

I have not gotten back inside the bottom of the amp since then.  And no I
don't have the values handy now.  I will get to this eventually.

>Have you ever measured any of the LC values?

Yes.

>What is the material in the slug tuned coil?

No idea.  Again, this amp came from an estate sale.  Yes, it probably
would have been better to build it from the ground up myself.  Such is
life.  I used what it came with.

>What is the wire size and coil diameter?

Coil diameter is probably about 1/2 inch.  Wire size is #18 magnet wire
if I remember correctly.

>What is the output on 12M, 15M, and descending bands?

Not set up for 12M, 15M I top out around 1100 if I remember right.  I
haven't messed with it too much there.  On 20 I get out about 1400, 40 I
get around 1600 and on 80 I get around 1800.

>What is the exact VSWR on all those bands?

Input VSWR?  Less than 2:1 for sure can be tuned to 1:1.

>Its my turn for questions. How about only answers for once...

Well, how can I give answers when I don't necessarily have them.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden