[AMPS] Filament Choke Question (RE: Handbook example)

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 15:03:31 -0800

>In a message dated 2/20/99 12:04:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>jono@enteract.com writes:
>
><<
> Is the 8877 set up this way so that the filament pins are isolated from
> the cathode?  Is that why he's able to get away with it?  I'm ignorant of
> how the 8877 is set up.
>  >>

>Yep,
>that is the beauty of 8877, cathode is separate from filaments, no need for
>choke, just have to wait for them glowers to heat up, abt 3 min.
>
>Note on some chatter about parasitics, impedances, etc. One way to get around
>it is to use monoband design.

€  The resonant circuit that supports intermittent vhf parasites is
principally formed by the C-out of the tube, and the total inductance of
the leads between the anode and C-tune.  The tank inductance and
bandswitch do not influence the problematic vhf resonance.

Rich...