[AMPS] Tube rating question

Terry Gaiser w6ru@lightspeed.net
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 23:15:57 -0800

The Eimac data sheet for the 3CX800A7 was an after thought. The tube had
been developed and rated at 1370 watts output with "typical" operation
at 2500 volts at 800 ma. THEN the FCC changed the power limits to 1500
watts OUTPUT and Eimac then changes the ratings on the tube for 2200
volts at 500 ma. operation and 750 watts output which is what the
technical data sheets show.
Terry W6RU