[AMPS] AL811H saga continues

Scott Bullock sales@radiosonline.com
Thu, 01 Jul 1999 06:30:22 -0400

Sorry, guess I should have said that it was all bands 160-10 meters. According to the manual copy I have, 200ma grid current is the max that is ok, I can vary it up and down with drive also. Tuning and loading looks to be within range, if anything, the load control likes to see more C. Power meter is ok, Has never had any glitches with the older sb200's on it. It's dead nuts on too at 500 watts. I'm driving the amp with a ts930, so there's plenty of soup, I can give it up to the recommended 80 watts, but have only given it 60 watts so far, as that's where the grid current maxes out at 200ma.

Thanks,

Scott

>At what frequency? 450mA at 1500V is only 700W input so 500W output is

>rather good. I assume from the grid current, you have it loaded wrongly,

>but that might be right for the 811A. You should have much more plate

>current.

>1. Are the tuning and loading capas still within range.

>2. Is your power meter OK - seems rather generous.

>3. Do you have enough drive and is it getting to the bases.

<bold><bigger>

Advantage Communications

</bigger></bold>Professional Wireless Communications

www.radiosonline.com

800-851-RADIO