[AMPS] RE: 4cx10000

Jan.E.Holm@telia.se Jan.E.Holm@telia.se
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 11:15:08 +0200

      Somehow I wish more people would run tubes like 4CX5000 or
      4CX10000 or similar, think we would have less splatter and
      cleaner/nicer sounding signals on the band.
      These days we have rigs with very big power spikes that flat
      tops the amplifiers and also people that drives the crap out of
      their 1500 W amps to make them deliver a puny 350 Watts more.
      Take a good listen to the SSB signals of today, at least 75% of
them
      flat tops or doesn´t sound right.

      73, Jim SM2EKM

      PS: I have one brand new 4CX10000 and one brand new 4CX15000 for
             sale, anyone interested?