No subject

Carsten Groen cgroen@image.dk
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 12:45:55 +0200

Hello,

I have a small question regarding my YC156 Amp.
I'am using a roller inductor in my tank circuit.
The roller will be driven by a gearmotor.
Is it "deadly" to mount the gearmotor, say 4-5 inch
away from the roller on a extended shaft ? Or do I
absolutely need to mount the gearmotor on the back of
the amp, outside the cabinet, so that the Q of the coil
won't be influenced by it.
The shaft from the roller would then offcourse be
extended thru the amp.

I know the rule of thumb, always stay away from coils at
least one coil diameter, but when looking at other amps,
homebuilt as well as commercial, ehhhhh, awfull small
coil diameters ?!

There is a picture of the roller inductor
on my HF amp page: http://www.magicio.com/cgroen/hfamp.htm

Thanks in advance

  Carsten, OZ9AAR
  http://www.magicio.com/cgroen