[AMPS] Impedance of amplifiers

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 08:59:55 -0700

John Fielding wrote:

>........  I fear that some of the amateur handbooks may have helped propagate
this
>misconception. I don't know for sure if the ARRL Handbook uses this argument,
but if it
>does someone ought to tell the publishers of the mistake.

€  For c. five years, the ARRL Handbook had the wrong Pi-L tank values -
-  despite being repeatedly told about the problem.
.  For instance, ever since 1995, the Handbook has had an inaccurate
method of calculating RF current in a DC blocking cap.  My guess is that
it will remain there until sometime around 2040.  .
 -  cheers, John

Rich...