[AMPS] Fusing PS

Vic Rosenthal rakefet@rakefet.com
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:43:31 -0700

OK, I'm practically finished with the power supply section of my 1500 watt amp.
The plate transformer is rated at 2400 vac at 1a CCS, and there is an additional
140 watts of filament power, 120 watts worth of blower, and maybe another 50
watts of miscellaneous draw, totalling 2710 watts.

There's a soft-start circuit in the plate and filament circuits that puts a 25
ohm resistor in the primary circuit at startup.

2710w / 220v = 12.3a + 20% = 14.8 amps.  Should I use 15 amp fuses or 20 amp
fuses?  I presume that I should choose slow-blow fuses because of the peak
repetitive current.

Comments?

73,
Vic, K2VCO