[AMPS] 572-B Input impedance??

John Fielding johnf@futurenet.co.za
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 18:15:27 +0200

Hi all - I downloaded the Svetlana data sheet on the 572B so I could study it.  Some
interesting facts came to light.

grid to plate = 6.0pF
grid to filament = 5.9pF
Plate to filament = 0.8pF

I guess if the grid isn't totally, solidly, held to chassis and everything else using low
inductance grounding then this tube will make a superb oscillator!!  Almost perfect as a
Colpitts power oscillator.

BTW  Svetlana gives the Fmax as 30MHz for full ratings.  SOOO for 50MHz applications,
figure on derating it by about 50% if you value your tubes.

IMHO not a good choice for 6m.  I know Carl KM1H will disagree, but he hasn't been around
for a while.  What happened to him?

John	ZS5JF