[AMPS] 572-B Input impedance??

Peter Chadwick Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 17:24:42 +0100

Tom says:

>I made four sweep tubes work on six meters in a friendly bet, so
>odd things can be made to work. The question is always how
>reliably.

Back in the 1960's when 73 Magazine was readable (except maybe for the
editorials), I remember Bill Hoisington, K1CLL (and don't ask how come I can
remember his call, but not people I saw last week!) built  2m PA's with
single sweep tubes. But I don't remember the performance as being anything
to write home about - not even as good as 6146s. They were intended for
Class C, too, which is easier than linear - a bit of feedback helped you get
the drive.

But as they didn't give you anything you couldn't get from a 5894 ( and they
weren't that expensive over here) or even a surplus 829B, there didn't sem
much point.

I'd junk the 572s and go for a 3-500Z.

73

Peter G3RZP