[AMPS] In diodes we trust

Radio WC6W wc6w@juno.com
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 10:29:32 EDT

A data point for the PIV & equalization discussion.

  A couple weeks ago, on the previous "peak" of this topic, I checked a
dozen or so 1N5408's  (manufactured by ITT, no date code) just out of
curiosity.  All except one measured better than 1600 PIV, which is the
maximum voltage my curve tracer can generate.

  I wasn't sufficiently curious to pull my hi-pot tester out of the
garage to see exactly how high the true PIV is on these parts.

73,
   Marv  WC6W

*