[AMPS] PA Relay Sequencing

dj2hz wsz@ginko.de
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 00:08:50 +0200

Hi all,

I would like to create the right relay time sequencing into my two holer amp.
Using for input and output Jennings RJ1A (operating time 8ms, release time
8ms) and for bias switching SDS-S2 Relay (op 8ms, release 5ms). In to the
input relay circuit I put a RC string 12R/1W and 100µF/50V. These should give
me a small delay of abt. >1ms. Is that right, that all modern transceivers
have a build in delay of about 10ms? Will say, after VOX starting or PTT
activation h.f. power will come 10ms later. I am interested to know delay
times for Icom 781, FT-1000D, FT-990, TS-870S and TS-850S.
Thaks,

73, Werner, DJ2HZ/VE7HBI