[AMPS] Bias for SB-220

Peter Chadwick Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 09:24:19 +0100

Rich says;

>However, with RF-derived bias switching, the tubes rapidly switch in and
out >of linear bias during normal speech when the relays are in the transmit
>position

Do I understand from that comment that the majority of these bias schemes
actually try to switch to follow the RF envelope, rather than 'hang' for a
few tens to hundreds of milliseconds after the RF disappears? If that's the
case, I can understand why they are so bad for splatter. Given even a
hundred milliseconds hang time, it should be OK for splatter (provided the
attack is fast enough), but without.......................Rich is too kind
in his comments.

73

Peter G3RZP