[AMPS] slam tally

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 14:17:51 -0700

>At 08:45 AM 6/7/1999 -1000, dthomas@pmrf.navy.mil wrote:
>>

>>     Well, I just have to say this. Tom, your slams are just way too
>>     personal and I really don't like it. I will hang in here if you just
>>     keep it to a non-personal technical disagreement.Otherwise I'm out of
>>     here man. Life is just too short for that kind of crap. Makes
>>     everybody feel bad. I have kept a pretty good tally and so far Rich
>>     has my vote for being in the lead. I.E. - Tom you should check your
>>     quiver before attempting intellectual battle. How does that feel ? Me
>>     thinkth ye protesteth too much and are way to personal in the slams
>>     Tom. Typical of people that don't know what they are talking about.
>>     Take a clue from Rich and just try to be a gentleman Tom. I know it
>>     will be hard but you can do it if you try. If this short life is ever
>>     going to improve its up to each and every one of us to try.
>
>Dan clearly doesn't know the players, or the history. In his message, he
>commits the same sin he condemns Tom for.
>
>At the same time, I share his discomfort. We should be able to benefit by
>the technical debate, even with the same intense disagreements, without the
>personal attacks.  In the last round, perhaps six months ago, Rich was the
>more vituperative and personal.

€  Surely, I waxed hot after I telephoned Eimac's personnel dept. and
discovered that Mr. Rauch's allegation regarding Eimac's "R+D Engineering
Manager" was a fabrication.  At the onset of the grate parasitics debate,
 I entered into a gentlemen's agreement with Mr. Rauch.  All bets were
off after this discovery.  .  Congrats to those who warned me at the
onset of the debate.  Without their sage advice I would probably not have
checked out the  "R+D Engineering Manager" story.

Cheers, Pete

Rich...