[AMPS] TL-922 Filament Transformer Protection

Jon Ogden jono@enteract.com
Wed, 9 Jun 99 08:45:41 -0500

>>I sell resistors for a living.  High power resistors at that.  RESISTOR
>>DISSIPATION DROPS AS TEMPERATURE INCREASES!!!  That is a fact.
>
>€  So if a resistor is say dissipating ten watts and the temp. increases,
>the dissipation will be less than ten watts?.

Rich, no comment on this.

Read the quote below from my original post.  You are a master at editing!

>>I didn't make myself clear enough.  The maximum dissipation rating of
>>a resistor decreases as temperature increases.  There is that clear enough?

So my statement still stands.  If a resistor is rated at a dissipation of 10 Watts at room temperature, that dissipation rating will drop as the temperature increases.  Now if that resistor is dissipating 2 watts at room temperature and I raise the temp 20 degrees it is still dissipating 2 watts.  Of course it follows Ohms law.  But there will be a point of temperature where the resistor will not be able to handle two watts of dissipation and will consequently fail.

End of story.  No more splitting hairs.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

The Second Amendment is NOT about duck hunting!

Jon Ogden

jono@enteract.com
www.qsl.net/ke9na