[AMPS] amp

Peter Chadwick Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 10:40:23 +0100

Marv says:

>One interesting benefit of a switching plate supply is the elimination
>of excessive "glitch" energy...  and just think of the fun you could have
>pointing out the .1uf / 10KV plate supply filter cap to visitors!

In order to get the capacitor that low, surely you would need a loop
bandwidth in the switcher high enough to prevent the cap discharging when
the load is modulated at syllabic rate with a voice signal? That would mean
out to say 5 kHz - perhaps higher, because of having a low plate supply
impedance for the the frequencies represented in the plate current by beats
between IM products?

Anybody out there an expert on switchers? My experience is that they cause
hash, and when something goes wrong, it's a chain reaction with every
semiconductor in sight being taken out by the domino effect!

73

	Peter G3RZP