[AMPS] Winding high power xmit toroids

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 14:02:52 -0700

>I am beginning the process of winding some toroid coils that are going to be
>used in a 1500 watt hf amp. The cores are T-225 and are supposedly good for
>1500 watts but I figure to be safe I will use two sandwiched together.
>Questions:
>
>1. Do the two toroid cores need to be insulated from each other

€  no

> or can I
>just place them tightly next to each other and then wrap them as a package?

€  yes.  A suitable wrap is self-sticking tape.     It has no adhesive.
.It has good RF properties and it conforms like it was paint.   Plymouth
Rubber Co. makes the stuff.  .
http://www.plymouthrubber.com/products/special-products.htm
>3. I am using teflon insulated wire. Do I need to insulate the cores before
>applying the wire?

€   Teflon is easy to  cut.    self-sticking tape makes a good cushion
for it.

-  later, Lane

Rich...