[AMPS] Care and feeding of your Eimac 3-500

Joe Subich, W8IK/4 W8IK@ibm.net
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 11:32:56 -0500

Rich Measures Wrote:

> €  Indeed, Ian, indeed.   It seems a tad odd that the guy who is in
> charge of an engineering book rewrite, works for the Marketing Dept.
> instead of the Engineering Dept.

In case you hadn't noticed ...in many technology companies, even the
people in the marketing departments have a technical background.  I
know several current or former CPI/Eimac "marketing" staff who have
engineering degrees and/or technical writing backgrounds and are well
qualified to prepare application notes/bulletins, etc.  With technology,
as often as not, "marketing" is actually application engineering, sales
engineering or other customer support function.

I, too, would like to see an updated "Care and Feeding" (I have a copy
of the fourth printing given to me by someone in the Eimac marketing
department several years ago) but, face it, amateur radio is a very
small portion of total business for companies like CPI/Eimac, Svetlana,
etc.  If there is so much interest in a book like "Care and Feeding"
for amateurs, why doesn't one of the experts write one?  Call it "The
Power Grid Handbook" and have it published by ARRL, SAMS, CQ or one of
the other specialty houses ...