[AMPS] Transformers

Radiodan W7RF RFpower@radiodan.com
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 23:36:37 -0800

Hi Rich,
I've been using my 3K power supply for years (first on the 3K Classic X MKII
and now just recently I had them build me a new 3K Premier RF deck, same ps)
and the only thing I've done to it is mount the transformer and choke on
rubber mounting studs.

Never had any problems, either mechanical or electrical. Same transformer
and choke since it was built about 10 years ago. Same tube too (I insisted
on keeping it even with the new Premier RF deck). I did reduce hum with the
rubber mounts though.

Why are unpotted chokes "nuts"?

73, Dan Magro W7RF, (President WARC 1999, member SCDXC, SCCC)
Manufacturers Rep & Distributor for HENRY RF Power Amplifiers.
www.radiodan.com <http://www.radiodan.com>     RFpower@radiodan.com
<mailto:RFpower@radiodan.com> A trip to our web site is worth the click!