[AMPS] tetrode conversions/construction

George T. Daughters gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 11:24:20 +0008

Hi All,

I've gotten several inquiries regarding building or converting HF
amps using tetrodes such as Svetlana's 4cx400a, 4cx800a and 4cx1600b,
as well as others.

The optimum way to handle such a project is, in my opinion, to use
the G3SEK "tetrode boards." They include protective circuitry, bias
and control power supplies, and just about all you need except a
plate voltage supply and RF deck.  They have an optional transformer
which will provide the necessary screen grid, control grid, relay,
etc. voltages.

Information on the boards and where to get them is available at:

http://www.ifwtech.demon.co.uk/g3sek

or by going to Svetlana's homepage:

http://www.svetlana.com

and clicking on "related websites".

I wish I'd know about them before my last project, the 4CX1600B that
appears in the '99 ARRL Handbook.

I am not affiliated with Ian's "tetrode boards" production or
sales... I'm just a customer.

73,
George T. Daughters, K6GT