[AMPS] Follow Up on the SB-220 Follow UP

km1h@juno.com km1h@juno.com
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 01:31:47 -0500

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999 14:40:26 -0800 Rich Measures <measures@vc.net>
writes:
>>Did you have the chance to measure the resistors BEFORE the big bang?
>>Only way to know for sure.
>>
>€   I have not the slighest idea of what the actual resistance was
>just
>before the big-bang and arc.  I removed the 8875s and sent them to
>Eimac
>for evaluation.  The return letter from Eimac said that the tubes were
>
>apparently damaged by an "oscillation condition" which caused gold to
>evaporate from the grid.  On the telephone, an Eimac rep. told me such
>
>this was the conclusion of the 8877 design team, who experienced the
>gold
>evaporation phenomenon during testing.
>
>-  cheers, Mike

So now by more voodoo and magic we go from the SB-220 to 8875's which I
assume were removed from a MLA-2500.
Rich, can you ever stay on subject?

You are beginning to remind me of someone else on the reflector.....

73  Carl  KM1H

>Rich...
>
>R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures
>

>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]