[AMPS] Blower Noise

marv gonsior w6frmarv@juno.com
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 11:00:00 -0800

Hello All,

I've just gone thru an interesting experience with a noisy Dayton blower.
I decided that most of the noise could have been coming from a lack of
dynamic balance so I had it done.  It was a real revelation to see how
far out the impeller was........1.5 gm. inches on one side and .8 gm
inches on the other.  The armature was alright.  The sleeve bearings
looked ok but needed lubrication with a note on the unit directing that
it be done every six months!  How many of us do that?

After remounting it on 3/8" soft rubber, with no metal to metal contact,
the noise reduction is at least 10dB, by ear, and very worthwhile.  BTW,
my local source only charges $30 for the job while others quoted $80/hr
minimum!  Anyone wanting the info, let me know.

73,

Marv, W6FR

After

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]