[AMPS] Drake L-7 Help Solution

Joseph J. Duerbusch jduerbus@marz.com
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 22:46:22 +0000

A few days ago I asked for some help with a problem with my Drake L-7.
I was having some burning at the junction of the filament transformer
and filament choke.  Several of you had replied and thank you for you
help.  Carl, KM1H, hit it right on the nose.  He suggested that I
replace Disc Caps C-29 and C-30 as it was his experience that they may
have become partially shorted.  He also suggested that I replace them
with .01 or .02 1KV disc instead of the .05 that was in there.

Will that is what I did and no more smoke!  Everything is fine now.
Still 1200+ watts output and only cost was 2 .25 cent caps.

Thank you to Carl and all the others that replied.  It is nice to know
where the "Experts" hangout.

73 Joe KØBX St. Louis