[AMPS] Re:HV on tube w/o filament voltage

Jon Ogden jono@enteract.com
Mon, 29 Mar 99 12:08:05 -0600

>If your power supply was "very warm" with zero current, how warm it was
>after heavy use during contest ?

Actually, not bad.  When powered correctly, the supply has a fan running
it its cabinet.  And when I say very warm, I don't mean hot.  Just that
its warmer than I'd noticed it!  After running heavily all weekend, the
supply cabinet really didn't change much in temperature.  I'd expect to
get some heat since there are bleeder resistors across the caps that will
dissipate plenty of heat.

73,

Jon
KE9NA