[AMPS] Amp opinion/infomation requested ASAP!!

Steve Thompson amps@txrx.demon.co.uk
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 07:49:51 +0100

In message <001f01be7a3e$82255bc0$29328218@we.mediaone.net>, Radiodan
W7RF <RFpower@radiodan.com> writes

>Hi Jon, (if anyone doesn't like my helping someone on an amplifier/antenna
>question, just use the delete key now!)
>
>You bring up some interesting questions we all face.
>I too would like to know what amount of "lowpass filtering value" is lost
>when the impedance is not 50 ohms on the output. Is 2:1 or 3:1 still "good".
>Then of course what is "good"?

I've not modelled it, but I think the load on the output side of a
harmonic filter will have insignificant effect (a few dB in typ. 30+) on
harmonic attenuation with most filter topologies.

Steve