[AMPS] Plate transformer, chimneys

Vic Rosenthal rakefet@rakefet.com
Sun, 02 May 1999 10:03:47 -0700

I've got just about all of the parts for my 2 x 3-500z amplifier except the
plate transformer.  I haven't been able to find one of reasonable size and
weight inexpensively, so I'm thinking about buying one from Dahl.  My question
is:  should I get a transformer for a doubler or full-wave bridge circuit?  I
was planning to use a doubler and one of the SB220-replacement type of
transformers, but I realized that if I'm actually going to buy a new one, I can
get whatever I want.  I already have 8 240uf 450v electolytics for the filter; I
can use them in either configuration.

I want to run the amp at 3000v.  Would a bridge circuit provide a stiffer plate
supply?

Also, I need a pair of 3-500z chimneys.  Somebody had a pair for sale, but I
can't find his message. Anyone?

73,
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA