[AMPS] Henry Amp Tune Up, Part1a

Jim Reid jreid@aloha.net
Thu, 6 May 1999 10:05:52 -1000

Hello to those interested in this topic.

I have sent this note to a few of you directly,  but it has been
bounced by the reflectors.  I have been told by one of
the recipients,  that the reflector machines believe a particular
character combination I used may indicate a potential
problem,  so the note has not been accepted.

I suspect that the way I have described the Henry  output
plate circuit on to the load may be at fault.  So I will now
call that circuit a "pie",  followed by a "dangling" inductor.

Also,  am breaking the post into  parts, as perhaps the length
was the problem,  just not sure.

But,  I would appreciate any comments from those who might be
able to aid in my understanding the proper tune up procedure.
So,  first a few quotes from the Amp reflector:

Dave, K8CC,  wrote,  in part:

> I've found with my Henry that using the old "dip and load"
>technique always leads to the best operating condx.

End of Part 1a.

73,  Jim,  KH7M