[AMPS] Followup: glitch resistor mounting

Dick Green Dick Green" <dick.green@valley.net
Thu, 20 May 1999 01:28:35 -0400

Mounted a glitch resistor in the LK550 today. I found that John was right --
I couldn't screw down the resistor tabs on the ceramic standoffs tightly
enough without fear that the ceramic threads would strip or crack. Maybe
it's a matter of the screw being exactly the right length. An equally
difficult problem was figuring out a way to get the spacing correct for the
standoff holes in the chassis. Instead of going that route, I mounted a
resistor spring clip  on top of each ceramic standoff. That way, they're not
in contact with the chassis at all. This made it easy to space the holes for
drilling (just put the clips in the resistor, stand the assembly on the
chassis and mark the holes. As John suggested, bending the clips slightly
makes them very secure inside the resistor tube and prevents rolling (the
stiff HV leads help in that regard as well.) No problems screwing down the
spring clips enough to hold and no problems soldering to the resistor tabs.

73, Dick, WC1M