SV: [AMPS] feedback sought: Ameritron AL-80

Steve Thompson amps@txrx.demon.co.uk
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 08:47:58 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Hans Goldschmidt <sm5ki@algonet.se>
To: measures <measures@vcnet.com>; amps
<amps@contesting.com>
Date: 30 October 1999 17:50
Subject: SV: SV: [AMPS] feedback sought: Ameritron AL-80

Thanks!

Yes, a string of short pulses and a pep output meter is the
right method
tuning up an amplifier. For a grounded grid linear, tune for
maximum output
and increase loading a bit beyond that and try to keep the
manufactures
recommended relationship beetween anode and grid current.
The grid current
is also a good indicator of proper loading.
-------------------
In all the Eimac data for g-g triodes I can recall, there is
a statement that the grid
current value is immaterial provided it is within the spec.
maximum. There isn't a recommended relationship, although
there are 'typical' values. Clearly, you can use it as an
indicator for any given tube once you have established how
that tube behaves - in practice, are tubes sufficiently
similar to aim for the typical values every time? I guess it
will vary according to PSU regulation too?
Steve