[AMPS] Bandswitch question

Vic Rosenthal rakefet@rakefet.com
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:23:57 -0800

I have a nice bandswitch, 2 poles x 8 positions.  I believe it came from a
Dentron amp; it's a little bigger than the SB220 type of switch and it has round
fixed contacts and a very nice wiping-type spring for the rotating contact.  I'm
sure this switch will be adequate from a voltage/current standpoint for my 2 x
3-500z amp, but there's one thing that bothers me about it:  the shaft (both in
front of the switch, and the part that goes between the wafers) is made of
steel.  Will this heat up or cause other problems since it is located near the
tank coil?

I have another, bigger, better, completely nonferrous switch that I could use,
but unfortunately it has only 6 positions.

73,
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA