[AMPS] mod an Amp Supply la-1000

nospam4me@juno.com nospam4me@juno.com
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 21:46:32 -0800

From: Snellbaker@aol.com
To: amps@contesting.com
Does anyone have the specs to modify the Amp Supply LA-1000 amp for 10
meters? The manual indicates there was a manufacturer supplied kit
available.
Thanks es 73 Art N2DWS

Hi Art,
If it's the four sweep tube version, you need to do the mechanical part
yourself. The Factory Mod was a 124pf  (use 120 or 130 pf) mica cap, a 5
turn toroid of the same type already in the amp and a 2 pf cap, all
installed on the input pc board.
Sorry that's not much right now, but that's what I have here.   I have an
LA 1000 no tune sitting on the floor beside me right now.
cheers
skipp