[AMPS] those crazy french tubes...

nospam4me@juno.com nospam4me@juno.com
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 21:18:11 -0800

Hans,
Do the Amprex tubes you have in your amplifier have the anode that look
like
a cylinder with bulges vs the "standard" fin/accordian others.  Just
curious.
skipp

From: "sm5ki" <sm5ki@algonet.se>
I still have those (made in France)  AMPEREX/PHILIPS YD 1130 used in the
original SB 220- the ones with graphite anodes, remember?  When looking
into
one old PHILIPS tube manual on the YD 1130, the tube data is exactly the
same as the EIMAC 3-400Z but the outline is as the 3-500Z. So, the
question
is maybe the modern 3-500ZGs are = the YD 1130? Also: will they be usable
after so many years? I plan to warm them up or at least 24 hours before
using them. They are unused in original cartoons. Did EIMAC in 1970 sell
them under their own name? Because the tubes I had in 1970 had the EIMAC
name on them but looked like the YD 1130.

Prosit de Hans SM5KI