[AMPS] Simulating center tap

Mark S Graalman wb8jkr@juno.com
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 15:59:48 -0500

  Vic,

 Using one side of the transformer for the cathode return will
work, BUT you will introduce hum modulation on the amp
output. Seems to me the usual way was to place two series
connected 33 ohm 2 watt resistors acrossed the transformer
secondary and use the center connection of the two resistors
as the center tap.

Mark  WB8JKR