[AMPS] Alpha 76PA panel

Robert W. King w3gh@kiski.net
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 10:07:25 -0500 (EST)

I have a 76PA Alpha amp bought new in 1979. After a few years the panel paint
became sticky to the touch. Today the panel coating has deteriorated to the
point
where the thru panel pushbuttons hang up because of the tackiness of the paint.

I have seen other alpha amps with the same problem.  Was this a problem with the
paint process?  I need to have the panel redone or acquire a replacement. Is
there
someone who does restoration of this type.  I have not called Alpha, however
I doubt
they would have a replacement for an amp this old (still working great).

Any suggestions?

Bob W3GH