[AMPS] 4CX1600B Amplifier in new handbook

Ian White, G3SEK G3SEK@ifwtech.demon.co.uk
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 19:40:41 +0000

Richard W. Ehrhorn wrote:
>May also be worth mentioning that (I think) the original Svetlana-built Russian
>military tube was the 4CX1600A, which is similar but not identical to the newer
>4CX1600B. My impression is that the "B" version may have been derived
>specifically for commercial export sales - has a bigger and  more efficient air
>cooler, greater power rating, and specific applications data for SSB. How much
>the increased ratings are due to the cooler, possible internal changes (which I
>doubt), or a less conservative ratings philosophy for ham/export applications is
>unclear.
>
>Can anyone (Ian?) confirm, clarify, correct or add to the above?

Sorry, I don't have any further information.

Your posting is the first I ever heard of the 4CX1600*A*. That would be
an "export" designation anyway - would it be better known under the
original Russian "GU" number?

                           http://www.ifwtech.demon.co.uk/g3sek