[AMPS] FS via auction. Tank coil and 10position band switch from TMC PL-172 based amp that covered 2-32Mc

Alek Petkovic vk6apk@eon.net.au
Wed, 01 Dec 1999 07:38:35 +0800

Yep it is good stuff. Plenty of those amps are still floating around VK6.
The yanks had a communications base in our North and when they upgrade the
gear, a lot of it hit the local market.

The stuff was made by Technical Materiel Corporation and is built like a
brick outhouse. Vacuum variables, silver plated 5/16" coil for 16 - 30 MHz
and the edgewound job you see in the pics for 2 - 16 MHz. Gets me hard
every time.

The stuff is still in use at WWV today as far as I know. You can see photos
of it on their web site.

73 de Alek
VK6APK