[AMPS] SWR and line length, etc.

Gilmer, Mike mgilmer@gnlp.com
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 10:44:27 -0400

On Monday, October 04, 1999 9:54 AM, Pete Smith
[SMTP:n4zr@contesting.com] wrote:
> >You can tune around for minimum swr, but that doesn't guarantee you
are
> >at resonance.
>
> I think that the indicated SWR minimum will always correspond to zero
> reactance.

Hmm.  Me thinks you are right.
For a given resistive part, adding any reactive component takes you
outside the SWR circle for the resistive part alone (SWR goes up).
Therefore, SWR minimum occurs at the zero reactive point.

I should have said that your minimum SWR is not necessarily at 50 +j0
ohms and therefore not necessarily 1:1.

I'll understand this, if it's the last thing I do.
This can be a great reflector and I still have some skin (we'll see how
long that lasts, hi).

> 73,  Pete N4ZR

73
Mike