[AMPS] Amp with 12 8122

Steve Thompson amps@txrx.demon.co.uk
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 07:56:47 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@pop.uky.edu>
To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Date: 03 October 1999 02:03
Subject: [AMPS] Amp with 12 8122

>   I just got an amplifier from an ESR spectrometer
>that is a distributed amp with a dozen 8122 and weighs 140
lbs.
>It is rated for 200 watts CW from 1Mhz to 200Mhz.
>The amp is a 200L made by Amplifier Research and is not in
>production now.  I have decide what to do with it.
>I doubt it is a popular amplifier now days for research due
>to the fact that solid state ones are available now.
>
>73
>Bill wa4lav

It might be of more interest to the commercial and research
guys than you think. There's a lot of people who prefer the
old distributed tube amps for testing into difficult loads
and I doubt that anyone ever got fired for buying AR
products.

I wish it was practical for me to collect it from you.

Steve