[AMPS] Re: Filament Xfmr.

Radiodan W7RF RFpower@radiodan.com
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 13:31:21 -0700

Indeed, my HENRY 2K serial number ONE has the original 3-400Z tubes in it
from 1963 and still puts out about 1200 watts (about what it did new). Many
HENRY 3K or 3K-A (pair 3-500Z) owners routinely get 2000 watts out and have
no life expectancy (tube anyway!) problems.

One the other hand, I've known guys who can't get more than a year out of
tubes! I think Rich told us of a fellow in Texas(?) who went through a
record SEVEN 8877 tubes!

73, Dan Magro W7RF, (President WARC 1999, member SCDXC, SCCC)
Manufacturers Rep & Distributor for HENRY RF Power Amplifiers.
RF Applications Power Measuring equipment, See the VFD!
www.radiodan.com <http://www.radiodan.com>     RFpower@radiodan.com
<mailto:RFpower@radiodan.com> A trip to our web site is worth the click!