[AMPS] Contest station descriptions Was: [TowerTalk] C3 vs tennadyne

Larry Molitor w7iuv@axtek.com
Thu, 07 Oct 1999 22:30:23 +0100

At 03:48 PM 10/6/99 -0400, Pete Smith wrote:
>Since I have access to a web site, I am developing a web page that will
>respond to queries by call.  That way, the next time you get waxed in a
>pileup, or wonder why W7XXX did so much better than you in CQWW, you can
>look up his station description and find out.
>
>You will also be able to look up your own station and, if the description
>is out of date, update it by posting new data to a form on a companion web
>page.  It won't be posted directly to the database, so it may take a day or
>two for it to turn up, because I want to maintain some quality control.
>Eventually, I hope to have each field sufficiently controlled that we can
>do statistical operations on the database.  For example, we might be able
>to generate data on the average number of elements in 20-meter arrays, the
>average height above ground, the most popular transceiver, etc.
>
>All this last bit is pie in the sky, but I hope to have the basic database
>retrieve-and-revise functions operational within a month.  I'll advise all
>the usual reflectors when that happens.
>

>73,  Pete N4ZR
>Sometimes a tower is just a tower

Sounds like a good thing, Pete. I don't care much about contests, but am
interested in top performing stations. Good luck with the effort.

73,

Larry - W7IUV
w7iuv@arrl.net
http://www.axtek.com/w7iuv