[AMPS] Dead Horse (not yet)

Jon Ogden jono@enteract.com
Tue, 12 Oct 99 10:02:06 -0500

Gilmer, Mike wrote:

>Here's an example of obfuscation (deliberate or not):
>Guy one says:
>> >Have you ever done slotted line measurements? As I recall from years
>ago,
>> >they sorta depended on the VSWR being the same all along the
>transmission
>> >line!
>Guy two responds:
>> In a slotted line, when the swr is less than perfect, the voltage on
>> the line varies with position.
>>

>One guy talks about the VSWR being the same along the slotted line.
>The other guy, in apparent disagreement, says the VOLTAGE varies with
>position.
>
>And there's a PROBLEM with that?

Yes it is obfuscation!  And it even caught me and I noticed it.
Unfortunately, I accidentally sent out a post criticizing guy two's
position (it was written before I caught my error, but was accidentally
sent!).  But guy two's statement is totally correct.  Guy two has a
history of using obfuscation like this so that he doesn't have to say,
"You are right.  I agree with you."  Guy two likes to keep things alive.
But Guy two isn't totally correct.  The voltage on a line varies
regardless of the SWR, not just when the SWR is less than perfect.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

The Second Amendment is NOT about duck hunting!

Jon Ogden

jono@enteract.com
www.qsl.net/ke9na