[AMPS] CB Superpower

K9YO- Cedrick Johnson k9yo@ix.netcom.com
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 11:04:24 -0500

Oh boy.. Since when did Ameritron get on the bigradios.com amplifier list?

-Cedrick

At 10:58 AM 10/14/99 , you wrote:

>At 08:02 AM 10/14/1999 -0700, Larry L. Ravlin wrote:
> >
> >Never again am I going to worry about running my little four, 3-500zg amp a
> >little over the limit.
>
>I just spent a little time cruising the "bigradios" web site.  Fascinating!
>  They clearly *are* worried about drawing FCC enforcement attention.  Like
>cockfights in this part of the country, they tend to hold these
>competitions out in the boondocks, and the only way to find out exactly
>when and where is to contact the organizers.  That would make it pretty
>hard for the FCC to show up unless they had inside help...
>
>I understand, ironically, that you're probably in less danger of
>enforcement action if you're unlicensed.  The FCC has all sorts of
>administrative sanctions that it can apply to licensees (restricting
>privileges, etc.), but has to go to much more trouble and legal complexity
>to go after the totally unlicensed.
>
>Or have I got that wrong?
>
>73,  Pete N4ZR
>Sometimes a tower is just a tower
>
>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/ampsfaq.html

Cedrick Johnson, K9YO ex. N9YXA, Z2/N9YXA
Aurora, Illinois
Systems Analyst/Programmer
10-10: 67368
Visit the K9YO Contest Station online at:
http://www.qsl.net/k9yo

NorilTech Intranet: http://ihacs10/c1johnso

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
- Walter Bagehot