[AMPS] Big Radios....

Jeff Wolf da_kang@hotmail.com
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:11:24 PDT

I don't know if laughing more to the claimed amplifier structure and
performances or to who believes it.
(repost this message next april 1st)

73,
Mauri I4JMY

Mauri,

What did you find hard to believe in the statements that I had made?

I suggest that you actually experience something before you open your mouth
about it and knock what someone else is stating.

I do this, I practice it, and I also build them.

Can you say the same?  If you would care to look around, you will see that
the power, amperage and other things that I state are no stretch of the
imagination...

After all, Eimac rates the 4CX15,000 at nearly 35Kw for a single tube...

So, 80 grand for a pair wouldn't be that far off, at 14Kv, would they?

3X8877s at 10K are not too far off, when you consider that one is capable of
3Kw output...

The electrodyne alternators...

I suggest that you peruse their web site and find out for yourself...

So, next time you find yourself stateside, I suggest that you come to a
keydown, if you can possibly take your holier than though amateur attitude
and check it in at customs first.

You might be somewhat surprised.

Toll Free
Shane