[AMPS] RE: the big "Good Buddy Band Amps"...

Radiodan W7RF RFpower@radiodan.com
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 00:39:00 -0700

Mike wrote:

>From a modern perspective, there is no mfg. of these power supplies
>available that I know of so how do they make up the HV today???  Could
>be useful information for future mobile amp projects.

I think that since solid state devices have become more practical since the
days you mention, Hams wanting HF power in the car use small lightweight
solid state amplifiers. Sure that's quite a bit of current at 13.8 VDC but
overall much easier than tubes in the car!

CUL

73, Dan Magro W7RF, (President WARC 1999, member SCDXC, SCCC)
Manufacturers Rep & Distributor for HENRY RF Power Amplifiers.
RF Applications Power Measuring equipment, See the VFD & WinWatt!
www.radiodan.com <http://www.radiodan.com>     RFpower@radiodan.com
<mailto:RFpower@radiodan.com> A trip to our web site is worth the click!