[AMPS] RJ1A/RJ1H for Alpha 78

Richard W. Ehrhorn w4eto@rmi.net
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 16:28:33 -0600

Supply voltage is around 36V as I recall ---

I re-emphasize that the RJ1-A and HC-1 (current production, at least) are NOT interchangeable with respect to high speed switching. The Kilovac HC-1 has much more robust guts which flop around a lot less. I recall from our direct comparisons when designing the ALPHA 91B five or six years ago that hot-shotting an RJ-1A with 2-4x nominal supply volts makes initial contact faster, but the follow-on bounce is considerably worse.

73,   Dick