[AMPS] KM1H

Dick Green Dick Green" <dick.green@valley.net
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 11:05:28 -0400

I saw Carl about five weeks ago and he was fine. We toured his QTH, where I
saw the biggest piles of used tower sections and hardline I've ever seen.
His shack/workshop is crammed to the gills with equipment and parts. Just
what you'd expect. He proudly showed off a tube with handles that will
someday be the heart of a killer new amp. Except for that, he's getting out
of HF completely and focusing on VHF. He seems to be very busy with work and
travels a lot.

We did not discuss his absence from the reflector. My understanding from
others is that Carl was banned from contesting.com reflectors by Bill Fisher
because of something nasty Carl said to him. Very unfortunate, because
Carl's information was very valuable to many of us (despite what Rich says.)

73, Dick WC1M