[AMPS] RF Surge Problem

Phil Clements philk5pc@tyler.net
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 17:06:04 -0500

> Does anyone sell an external "RF Surge Protector" which
> would go out,  and I could fix/replace without another
> $257.52 cost incident?   Must be some gadget like that
> to protect these expensive rigs.

Why not order some extra supressors from Yaesu to have on hand?
Then you can put them in yourself, and save big bucks. There are a
lot of repairs in modern rigs that are still doable in the field. Even if
you have to buy some special tools, you will be ahead of the game in
the long run, and  get that warm feeling that you are maintaining your
station.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC