[AMPS] Alpha 374a

Phil Clements philk5pc@tyler.net
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 09:27:47 -0500

Hi Tom,
Check the step start relay...it may be welded shut.

GL!
Phil, K5PC

I have an old Alpha 374a. I am having some problems with the step start.
The meters are supposed to come up in the amber color, and when the warm
up is over they are supposed to turn green. Mine comes up green. It
skips the amber stage completely, and comes up green. When I transmit
the amber lenses come up as they should and when I quit transmitting
they go back to green as they should. It is just the initial warm up
where the amber lenses don't come up as they should. Anyone have any
ideas? I am far from being a good technician. Any help would be greatly
appreciated....W4th....Tom

Visit the Tom Hix Amateur Radio Homepage at:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Woods/6222/